Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Zeke's 10 months old!
















10 Months Old!

Zeke just turned 10 months old and we have SO much to be thankful for. He's done more than anyone (I have to admit even myself) thought he would do at this point and he's continuing to develop and do new things everyday. His head control is improving SO much. I know that he is going to be able to do so much after he has the reconstructive surgery on his head. God has been so faithful to us--even through the times that we haven't been faithful. There are so many things we could be facing with Zeke that God has spared us from facing. I constantly think of something another mom of a special need's child said--she said that when the days are difficult and there seems to be no progress the Lord gently reminds her of how this day could have been a day of grief rather than celebration. Those words ring true in my heart when days are tough and I have fear in my heart rather than faith. This journey with Zeke has made me have to depend on God. It's made me have to use my faith like never before. It's brought me face to face with may tough questions--why do I believe what I believe? Where is God? Is there really even a God up there? But then I remember sitting on my bed the day that I found out about Zeke's brain abnormality and reading in the Bible and seeing that Ezekiel means "the strength of God" and God speaking to my heart that my son would be Ezekiel and that He would give him the strength he needed. And now my biggest challenge his putting Zeke in God's hands--as if he were ever really mine to begin with.

The past 10 months have both tested and strengthened my faith like nothing else in my life. There have been wildnerness experiences and mountain-top experiences--through it all, God is good.

The words to the praise and worship song "Blessed be Your Name" has really had a special place in my heart throughout our whole journey with Zeke. The words are as follows:

"Blessed be Your name in the land that is plentiful--where your streams of abundance flower, blessed be your name.

And blessed be Your name when I'm found in the desert place--though I walk through the wilderness, blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out, I'll turn back to praise--And when the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be Your name

Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name when the sun's shining down on me--When the world's all as it should be--Blessed be Your name

And blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering--Though there's pain in the offering--Blessed be Your name

You give and take away, You give and take away, My heart will choose to say--Lord, blessed be Your name."

--Matt Redman

We love you all and thank God for you!

No comments: